February 6, 2017
Texas employers without workers’ comp insurance have until April 30 to report their status without penalty.
Non-subscriber Reporting Requirements
A non-subscriber must file the DWC Form-005, Employer Notice of No Coverage or Termination of Coverage to DWC:
- Between February 1 and April 30 each year;
- Within 30 days of hiring its first employee; or
- Within 10 days of DWC’s request.
Non-subscribers with five or more employees must report each fatality, occupational disease, and on-the-job injury that results in more than one day of lost time to the DWC. Non-subscribers must submit the DWC Form-007, Employer’s Report of Non-Covered Employee’s Occupational Injury or Disease to the DWC within the seventh day of the month following the month in which:
- The death occurred;
- The employee was absent from work for more than one day as a result of the on-the-job injury; or
- The employer acquired knowledge of the occupational disease.
Additional information on non-subscriber reporting requirements is available on the TDI website at www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/employer/cb007.html.
To see the Grace Period Memo, click HERE.